Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#419685 - 07/25/08 08:29 PM Want to Divorce
BWI Offline
recently joined

Hi,

I'm married only for 1 year and my wife and me had issues from day 1 even before wedding too. Just after 6 months of our marriage, my wife moved out and initiated the divorce without even my knowledge. After 2 months, she came back and apologized and we reconciled as i wanted to save my marriage. Now after another 6 months we are back to the same stage and this time i dont want to continue relationship with her. She is very abusive and always abuse my family i.e. My Mother, My Brother and his wife. She wants me to leave my family and consider her parents as mine. I treat her parents as mine but at the same time, cant leave talking to my mother and brother too.

Our Situation is like we live in an apartment (lease on my name), we dont have any property, we dont have any kids. The only thing i have is furniture (which i dont care about) and bank balance of around 20K. I earn six figure salary and she earns around 15K as she is a graduate student. So i wanted to know, would i need to give 50% of my salary every month to her?

Please respond

BWI

#419686 - 07/30/08 04:24 AM Re: Want to Divorce [Re: BWI]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

So i wanted to know, would i need to give 50% of my salary every month to her?

>>>>>>>>>> No !!!!!! Income is never split in the event of divorce , spousal support can be ordered if warranted but is unlikely with a short term marriage without kids .

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: