Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#428361 - 08/19/08 02:54 AM grandma bad mouthing mom
stuckinarut Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Island of Man
can she keep my kids from seeing their grandmother?

#428362 - 08/19/08 08:03 AM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: stuckinarut]
Buckeye Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: OH
She can ask the courts to order it and most likely, they will.

Now, if you want to be a big boy, tell your mother to STFU or she could lose seeing your kids.

And, don't even go there that you are going to sneak visits. Your stbx WILL find out and then you might find yourself with supervised visitation.

#428363 - 08/19/08 11:55 PM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: stuckinarut]
NeverEnds Offline
journeyman

Stuck,

Are you sure you are not my ex?

Yes, I ended up getting a restraining order against my ex-in-laws. It wasn't that hard. When I asked for the RO, my kids' grandparents came into court, yelling about "their rights" and starting tell the judge what a "bad" person I was.

The judge said, Yep, I see what you mean. The grandparents really need to be restrained.

It took all of 6minutes in front of a NY family court judge, no lawyers, no motions, no trial...

#428364 - 08/20/08 01:19 AM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: Buckeye]
stuckinarut Offline
Pooh-Bah

My mother will say anything she wants to to my kids,,,thats their grandma and she'll see them if she wants and I am thier father and I will take them over to see her. If the stbx doesnt like what she says about her...too bad!

#428365 - 08/20/08 05:52 AM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: stuckinarut]
Buckeye Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: OH
And, exactly how would you feel if this your wife's mother bad mouthing you?

As I have said before, your big mouth and stupid ideas are going to get you in a lot of trouble. You may find grandma with no visiting rights and if you take the kids there, you will have supervised vistation.

You are fighting everything and you are the one that wanted this divorce. At some point, you will find out it would have been cheaper to be more fair about everything. After all, you are most likely going to be paying all the attorney bills for your stbx and yourself and they are going to be huge!!!

#428366 - 08/20/08 01:51 PM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: stuckinarut]
matart1 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

the only thing that will get you is a restraining order against your parents which would mean if they violate then they could be subject to a criminal fine and record and you will get supervised visits - but at least the kids will be better off without all this negativity around them...

#428367 - 08/20/08 03:59 PM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: matart1]
BeckaLeigh Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Texas
As invincible as you think you are, stuck, this goes over and beyond the line of cocky. It definitely sounds like your mom raised you to be the kind of person you are, which is pretty sad in itself. Do you not realize the damage being done by you and your mother to these children? Or do you just not care? When your kids realize the kind of people you and your family are, they probably won't have anything to do with any of you. Pretty sad that you are ok with your own mother talking crap about your kids' mom to them. If she has half of a brain, your X will be taking this issue to court real soon. And she will get what she asks for. We know, then you will go behind her back and take the kids over there because it is your mommy. And then, when you get supervised visits, make sure to come here and tell us all about how your X is screwing you.

#428368 - 08/20/08 11:57 PM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: stuckinarut]
Misslisa1017 Offline
Pooh-Bah

Well if that's all it takes maybe my son can keep his son away from his ex's boyfriend too? I doubt it though.

Why is it always easier for other people it always seems, huh?

#428369 - 08/21/08 10:39 PM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: BeckaLeigh]
stuckinarut Offline
Pooh-Bah

if she brought my mother in front of a judge, my mother would act like an angel and make the stbx look crazy!

#428370 - 08/22/08 04:03 AM Re: grandma bad mouthing mom [Re: stuckinarut]
BeckaLeigh Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Texas
Not if the kids are brought into it. And if the judge has a half a braincell, he/she will know anyone who raised a child into a man like you is far from an angel. I sure hope for your kids sakes, they realize the kind of person you are sooner rather than later. Your GF too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: