Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#4349 - 11/15/04 08:09 PM father's divorce
tricia Offline
recently joined

My father is a senior citizen, he remarried after my mom died, he has been married for 14 months. During this time he deeded his house to his new wife, so they are titled as husband and wife (this is all taking place in Florida.) His wife has moved out and they are going to be getting divorced. Prior to her leaving, she took cash from the house and emptied their safety deposit box with approx $141k worth of cash. She also went down and had three of their cars re-registered to her name only removing my father's from the title's. So now she has cash and autos along with all of the furniture (they purchased all of the furniture during the marriage anything my dad had from prior she had him sell at garage sales) from my dad's house equalling about $250k. She is still on the deed to the house which is worth about $450k. My dad did have this house well before they were ever married. He has retained an attorney but doesn't want to file for divorce yet, I guess his wife is a bit "unstable" and he doesn't want to upset her anymore because she is liable to do more damage, she already filed a restraining order against him in order to have him removed from the house so that she could clean it out (my father can barely walk!!), the order has since been dropped, but she is liable to do anything at this point. Can anyone advise me what ramifications my father would have against her for taking this money and transferring title's to the auto's?? He doesn't think that he can do anything and has the mindset that he will lose everything.....please help!

#4350 - 11/15/04 09:43 PM Re: father's divorce [Re: tricia]
joan Offline
enthusiast

how old is your dad and how is his mental health?

#4351 - 11/16/04 01:05 PM Re: father's divorce [Re: joan]
tricia Offline
recently joined

My father is 64 and in great mental health. He is just a very religious man and thinks that if he leaves this in "Gods" hands, it will work itself out, she claims that she will sign her interest in the house over IF he files for divorce first.........

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: