Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#499457 - 03/21/09 08:45 AM Getting back togetther after divorce filed
mcgrath Offline
recently joined

Loc: va
Has anyone really had success getting there wife(spouse)back together after filling for divorce. Just curious to see if it has worked for others or not. No adultery yet, but wife did have emails with her high school sweetheart. I know feel she is getting close to coming back to me, but don't know if I should trust her. She still currently lives in our house but now doesn't discuss looking for a apartment no more. I feel it is worth trying again with the kids, but was wondering if anyone has seen where there marrige still lasted after this. Any help would be appreciative

#499458 - 04/01/09 12:26 AM Re: Getting back togetther after divorce filed [Re: mcgrath]
fengshui Offline
recently joined

If you have filed for divorce, it really is none of your business if she has been with anyone, and vice versa. It shouldn't be a trust issue at this point. If there was infidelity during the marriage, then that is another story.

#499459 - 04/01/09 07:58 PM Re: Getting back togetther after divorce filed [Re: fengshui]
losingfaith Offline
addict

I have but it takes a lot of work
I recommend counseling
Learning how to deal with the problems at hand including trust is not something we do well as people on our own

It has worked for my wife and I and it could work for you and yours; but keep this mindÖ
Going to the councilor is only as good as how honest the 2 of you are with him/her, simply because they can offer good sound advice or teach you the tools to fix the problems but not if he/she is not aware of everything.

Basically what Iím getting at isÖ
itís like building a house and if you put garbage in then you will get garbage out

Best of luck to the 2 of you

#499460 - 12/11/12 01:07 PM Re: Getting back togetther after divorce filed [Re: losingfaith]
prk Offline

recently joined

I would give it a try, there are clearly things that both of you need for her to turn or talk to her HS sweetheart and talking it through and finding out the root of the problem before it gets to a point where the damage has been done and harder to turn back. I know, trust me. Good luck to you both but just a thought, if you don't, would you always wonder? what could have been?

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: