Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5172 - 12/03/04 10:44 PM Re: husband made down payment and wants more [Re: icelollie]
aussie928 Offline
old hand

Loc: Dallas
Good luck with your attorney on Monday and please keep us posted. He may or may not get the amount that he put up from his inheritance. The attorney can advise you on what is fair...as to wanting an amount above this..no way luv...and what one WANTS in a divorce and is entitled to are often at opposite ends. Be fair..but dont be bullied.

#5173 - 12/04/04 09:48 AM Re: husband made down payment and wants more [Re: aussie928]
Onyx Offline
old hand

Loc: Buffalo NY
I would bet that he will recover his inheritance. My ex was awarded the marital home because he spent his personal injury monies on it. He paid for it in full, while we were married, and had my name put on the deed. This is NYS law, I dont know where the poster is from, but she needs to know, that in most states, PIM, and inheritances can and should be recovered by the person who owned them. Was it fair in my case? Yes. Did I like it? No. I felt that I should have gotten something for supporting him, and the fact that I gave birth to our child. But the something that I felt I deserved was his, and protected by law, as personal injury money/inheritance. They are one in the same in NYS when it comes to this kind of thing. I know that if I had PIM or an inheritance, I wouldnt want ANYONE to be able to touch it... no one but me and my kids. Good Luck. Blessings, Onyx

#5174 - 12/08/04 10:00 AM Re: husband made down payment and wants more [Re: Onyx]
icelollie Offline
recently joined

Yes you are right onyx--he would recover his downpayment (inheritance) anyway.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: