Hello,
I'm new to this site, but a friend suggested I try to find some free advice from others who might have had some similar experiences....
My ex and I were married for 7 years, but have known each other for close to 12 or 13 years. He has anger issues, and has been both verbally and mentally abusive at times, and he is controlling, and a pathalogical liar as well. I even had him forcibly removed and arrested for assaulting me about 4 or 5 years back after one particular situation. He never forgave me for doing what I felt I needed to do to protect myself and our son from his anger that day, and actually blamed me for the whole thing, in that I made him angry, and calling the police was in his eyes "the ultimate betrayal a spouse can inflict upon the other". Well, since that day we endured constant ups and downs, and grew farther and farther apart as a couple, until I ended up realizing that I no longer wanted to be with him, and we recently divorced a few months ago. Unfortunately the divorce didn't solve the problems, as I fell in love with a man, and became pregnant. When my ex found out he went ballistic, started stalking me, driving by my apartment endlessly, calling over and over and over, and even has put his hands around my throat as if to choke me, grabbed and pulled my hair and bit my cheek on another occasion, and has shown up uninvited and unannounced pounding on my apartment door and yelling at 6:00 am. I am scared of him physically, and I fear for the safety of my baby because of the stress this is taking on my body and my sanity. He has also made threats over and over to me about what he's going to do to my boyfriend....having him "taken care of" by people he knows, having him assaulted and put in the hospital, or worse. I am at the point where I don't believe that it's going to get better in time, as my efforts to appease him and keep the peace by trying my best to keep my boyfriend and him from being in the same place at the same time is only hurting us, and taking away from what could have been a joyous experience of living through this pregnancy together. We essentiial have to have a hidden relationship, so as to try to kep my ex from knowing when he's there at the apt, and when we're together. We share custody of our 5 yr old son, and my ex gets infuriated at the thought of my boyfriend being with me when I have my son, so basically we have a part-time relationship....and a baby due in about a month. Yesterday my ex showed up outside my OBGYN office after a visit my boyfriend came to and when we came out he was there waiting for us...and ended up confronting my boyfriend, and actually pushing him to try to get him to start an altercation, as my ex knows that the fault would be with him if he were to initiate the incident. So he threatened, intimidated, and then pushed my boyfriend, who then went to go inside the dr.'s office to call the police. My ex got into his car and sped off...leaving my boyfriend shaken and me in tears....I feel like I can't breathe anymore, and I'm afraid of what he will do if we do involve the police, as he's intimated on several occasions that if we do call the police he will just make it far far worse for us. Now he's trying to pull our son out of the daycare he's attended his whole life, against my will, and I was told that I'd need to file an emergency injunction to stop him. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to stop him from taking our son out of daycare? I need help, please.....