Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#598097 - 01/13/10 02:51 AM Divorcing in Missouri & children
Allan Offline

recently joined

It's looking like our divorce will become real and for me, it's a shocker... Anyway living in Missouri and being a guy, whats the chances of getting our children (13, 5, 2)? My soon to be ex-wife is wanting this divorce and after 1 counseling session is ready to give up after 17 + yrs of marriage. She was, at one time my best friend, but not anymore. We are both professionals in our field. I have evidence (e-mails, pics, cell phone bills, etc) that will show her affair with another man. There is no abuse on her part towards the children. Since I have found out about her affair, she has become a consent liar towards me and the children. Does anyone know if I have a chance for full custody of the kids?

#598098 - 01/18/10 06:43 PM Re: Divorcing in Missouri & children [Re: Allan]
LeAnne Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: missouri
This section doesn't get many responses, might try to post it someplace else on this site?

#598099 - 04/10/10 02:27 AM Re: Divorcing in Missouri & children [Re: Allan]
mrgrtmarr8 Offline

recently joined

Hey - any more news about your situation? Have you checked out your options in regards to your kids. I have been here in the Springfield, MO area since June and my husband has been cheating on me with other women on the internet. I experienced domestic violence by him on 1/24/10 my kids and I are at a protected address. I filed an order of protection and we have been going to court a couple of times. I just found out that he filed for divorce but I haven't seen the papers yet. We have been married for 18 years and I have two boys. Well hope that your situation is better for you now

#598100 - 04/12/10 04:07 AM Re: Divorcing in Missouri & children [Re: mrgrtmarr8]
Allan Offline

recently joined

Hi Sharon, sorry for the late response. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything is working out for you. I am still with my wife. She has committed to me and our marriage. We still get along fine, just that she had this relationship with another guy (whom she meet on internet) for 3 + yrs. She tells me it is now over, but the jealousy still exists and probably will for some time. Because we have kids and they are young, its extrememly tough to file for divorce and I think she is the same way. She admits she screwed up, but our intimate life has not went back to where it was before I found out. For right now, she is not interested in sex with me... and that is hard to deal with. Thanks for messaging me. Maybe we can talk more later. Take care.

#598101 - 04/24/10 01:09 AM Re: Divorcing in Missouri & children [Re: Allan]
mrgrtmarr8 Offline

recently joined

Hey there, I am so glad to hear that you all are working things out. I know it is very hard with kids in the picture. It sounds like both of you are committed on making your relationship successful. I wish you all the very best. My husband has filed for divorce and wants eerything and doesn't want me to have anyhing from this marriage.

#598102 - 04/29/10 04:48 PM Re: Divorcing in Missouri & children [Re: mrgrtmarr8]
Allan Offline

recently joined

Well from my understanding, the way Missouri laws are on divorcing, it will be very tough for him to get much. Especially if he has been physical or abusive with you. You should be able to retain the kids and child support, which will upset him even more. That is his problem.. :)

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: