Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#601076 - 01/18/10 09:52 PM Prefiling move out - wifes wants $$ w/out judgemen
ORdivorce Offline

recently joined

We are just getting going in our divorce and my wife is planning on moving into our investment house in about a month. She is demanding that I pay her 50% of any and all income between the time she voluntarily leaves and when we have a signed judgment, which of course could be months. What are my rights regarding paying here anything until our divorce is final. I get no tax benefit in paying my wife. If she moves out, does she have to cover her own expenses?

She also unilaterally sent a lease termination notice to the current renters. The house is a jt asset, but is solely in her name. Can she do that?

Thanks.

#601077 - 01/19/10 05:38 PM Re: Prefiling move out - wifes wants $$ w/out judgemen [Re: ORdivorce]
ORdivorce Offline

recently joined

anybody?

#601078 - 01/15/11 10:44 PM Re: Prefiling move out - wifes wants $$ w/out judgemen [Re: ORdivorce]
lauramc27 Offline

Loc: Oregon
I don't think she can't DEMAND anything from you until the judge says so. I don't think the judge would order 50% of your income to be paid to her either. Will you be required to pay Spousal Support? How long have you been married? Have you spoken to your attorney about this? If not I suggest you do.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: