Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#628758 - 06/25/10 11:55 AM Re: moving children out of state [Re: 7r9s]
1004SRS Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

If I was your X, I would fight for full custody with you paying Travel expenses and child support. A step-dad doesn't make an intact family. It sounds like the kids' Dad is involved, not one that doesn't see the kids.

Personally, I am stuck in a po-dunk town with not many opportunities for job growth for me. My extended family lives about 450 miles away. But because my kids Dad is here, I am here with them.

I chose to have children with someone that lives in po-dunk. So, I have to stay here. It is a grown-up, but hard decision that I have had to make.

#628759 - 02/22/12 05:22 PM Re: moving children out of state [Re: 1004SRS]
mayotteiru Offline

recently joined

i just want to thank the OP for her efforts and creative thinking in working to maintain the current custody arrangement after relocation.

i am in a similar situation to her ex, in which I receive 146 days a year with my children, and my ex has now relocated out of state and has told me if I want to exercise parent time I have to drive 250 miles or relocate to the same state he/she now lives in with our children.

i agree with 1004SRS however in that I am now very inclined to fight for full custody with my ex paying all travel expenses.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: