Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#630371 - 04/22/10 04:14 PM looking forward to Mediation
gotsloppy Offline

recently joined

So I am scheduled for mediation with the stbx in a few weeks.

Ths stbx has threatened to NOT to agree to things, and send things to trial(because i wont py for her lawyer,etc). This whole divorce thing has been going on over six months,largely due to her, and her lawyer stalling and delaying with disagreements(and BS agreements actually). I would really like things to be settled and I am not concerned with keeping much of anything. But I have had to disagree to paying for her lawyer, high CS payments and visitation issues.

I am looking for some advice on mediation. I will soon talk it over with my lawyer also. apparently we will be bringing financial affidavits and other documents.

Are all these financial amounts going to be verified ??

What should I look out for, what should I make to add on, what should I be aware of when preparing to turn these papers over ??

During mediation, do the disagreements get settled by law
(Finally) ?

thanks for any advice

#630372 - 05/10/10 11:08 PM Re: looking forward to Mediation [Re: gotsloppy]
PeteSake Offline

journeyman

It's merely a chance for the two of you to try and find a way to work out some differences of opinion and come to some sort of agreement regarding your child(ren).
In my experience, you can take any document to mediation that you wish. However, when I offered documentation to our mediators, they had NO interest in reviewing them.
Mediation is a great concept, if it's offered to two parties who are willing to be flexible and willing to keep an open mind. This is usually not the case when it comes to divorce/custody/visitation/child support issues.
My best advice is; focus on what's best for the child(ren)- not what's best for you or the other parent. Good luck to you, and to your child(ren).

#630373 - 06/27/10 06:51 PM Re: looking forward to Mediation [Re: PeteSake]
Contour Offline

Mediation is more for people who agree to things but maybe need help setting it up.
If the ex is not agreeing, then paying a mediator will be a waste of money. I mean why pay a mediator only to pay a real attorney later?

#630374 - 02/28/12 08:28 PM Re: looking forward to Mediation [Re: Contour]
IamUMP Offline

recently joined

This message is to introduce you to a new development in the field of conflict resolution. The
Universal Mediation Program is a complete and completely free mediation program, designed to help people to discover win-win resolutions to any and all conflicts in their life. The program really is universal and can be helpful in any type of conflict.

The UMP is also open for facilitators to offer it as a service to others.

The UMP is not a business, or a product being offered for sale. It is a program created to be available to everyone free of charge.

Feel free to learn more about it at [censored].universalmediationprogram.com

Sincerely,

The UMP ~ Universal Mediation Program

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: