Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#656717 - 08/12/10 02:25 PM How much longer...
JLB Offline

recently joined

[color:green] [/color] My Soon to be ex husband and i are legally seprated.. he left Dec 26th, 09. Texted me two days after i lost my 23 year old brother (dec 14, 2009) and told me he didnt love me and wanted a divorce. Well i was living in the house that we bought together, and he moved back in with his parents. I finally went to a lawyer and filed for legal sepration and all that stuff. I found out from his friend he was cheating on me since oct of 09 with a girl i was working with at the time.. The Day of my brothers funeral he used our bank acct to order this girl flowers to my old job, (which was still my job at the time) Then he said he used our tax money to pay all of our debt that we had together and didnt he used the credit card that was in my name to buy the same girl flowers again! I DUNNO WHAT TO DO! :confused: my lawyer said since i have a boyfriend he wouldnt advice me to file for adultry b.cus my husband could do the same then our divorce would take longer..
i just want this over and done with we have 2 boys (a 3 year old and 1 year old) and i have to involve the cops a lot b.cus how stupid my husband gets. i just dont know what to do.
he left dec 26th, can we get divorced dec 26th or do we have to waite till the date the legal sepration was filied? :confused: :confused:

#656718 - 08/12/10 02:26 PM Re: How much longer... [Re: JLB]
JLB Offline

recently joined

Oh & I no longer live in the house..i should get half of the value right?? He doesnt live there either he's letting a friend live there..ha!

#656719 - 08/13/10 08:45 PM Re: How much longer... [Re: JLB]
palmel1234 Offline

journeyman

Not sure what will happen with the house, but from what my attorney told me, divorce is final a year from the date of separation, not when separation papers are filed in court.

#656720 - 09/02/10 03:03 AM Re: How much longer... [Re: JLB]
BarbaraSD Offline

For God's sake, why don't you ask your lawyer this question???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#656721 - 09/27/10 01:16 PM Re: How much longer... [Re: BarbaraSD]
connie60 Offline

In SC you dont need a legal separation. From the date you separated, you have to go through 1 year separation, unless one of you have proof of adultery, then things can be finished within a few months. It sounds like you are dealing with a difficult spouse. Talk to your attorney!!! Dont wait for the 1 year to be over with. You both will have to get attorneys at some point anyway. If you wait for the 1 year mark, this will only extend the waiting period for divorce. See an attorney now, and start working on the divorce, and it could be over with sooner than later.

#656722 - 03/17/11 09:16 PM Re: How much longer... [Re: connie60]
tweetybird Offline

recently joined

Loc: south dakota
I was separated Nov 10,2009..It was a year Nov 10, 2010..My husband filed with the court Nov 16, 2010..Now he says that he has been told that it could take as long as June to get papers signed by the judge..There are no children, no contesting of property etc. I moved back to SD. He has a girlfriend..Anyone know why it should take so long to get finalized?

#656723 - 05/26/11 12:43 PM Re: How much longer... [Re: tweetybird]
connie60 Offline

I have had 2 other divorces in SC and am currently in my last one (third) If there is no habitual drunkiness or adultery, which you have to prove both, you will have to be separated for one year. You dont need a legal separation any more. After that one year mark, either one of you can file for divorce. I really think that the rules have laxed in the past years. When i had my first divorce, we had to legally separate for one year before we could file. I am in the same boat, things are just sliding along on a bumby road. He is twisting the turning everything around as we go. He has become very greedy and hateful. We now have dual restraining orders on each other, although there has never been any violence. We share a dog, so he visits with his daddy 3 weekends out of the month. I just hate to see his face any more. He told his attorney a lot of lies on me, which i now have to prove, this was in open court. The judge knew what he was doing and it was shamefull. I am just very hurt, as i put 10 hard years into this marriage. I dont think i will ever trust another man!!! Just cant take this pain again.... best of luck!!!!!

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: