Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#659035 - 08/25/10 06:54 PM getting my name off of a property
swangie6063 Offline

recently joined

My ex and I agreed that he would keep the primary home. The property is in his name, but the mortgage loan is in both of our names. He has not cleared up his credit and has not refinanced to get my name off of the mortgage loan-I want my name off of the mortgage loan-it is hurting my credit rating!

#659036 - 04/12/11 08:48 PM Re: getting my name off of a property [Re: swangie6063]
tclements73 Offline

recently joined

there is nothing that can really be down about it. You could take him in contempt but the judge can not force the bank to refi on the house. My ex has a loan that i ws on also when divorced and she never pays it and I am stuck with the annoying calls all the time. nothing i can do about it.

#659037 - 02/27/15 09:00 PM Re: getting my name off of a property [Re: tclements73]
soumynona2015 Offline

recently joined

I disagree with tclements73. There is plenty you can do about it. Given that neither ex spouse is able to refinance and buy out the other, tclements73, and swangie6063 both have the same course of action.

As you are both on the mortgage, you can both request and get the mortgage records along with your credit reports. Then you file an action in court to order the house to be sold. At the hearing present your evidence that you are on the mortgage, that it isn't being paid, and that it's hurting your credit.

The judge will ask your ex a couple questions about why he/she isn't paying the mortgage and then order the property be sold. The house gets sold, and you are off the mortgage.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: