Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#681980 - 11/27/10 05:56 AM what can I legally do? I know, talk to an atty...
bumblewee Offline

recently joined

Loc: Oregon
We've been married 27 years. Strained the whole time. We have been talking about splitting, hopefully amicably, but only time will tell if that can actually be done.

I am soon to meet with an atty to ask these very questions, but I hope to get some ideas or comments here, before I go in...

I nearly moved out at the first of December, but chose to sit tight and be patient due to the holidays. After the first, I will do what I have to do...

A bit of background... I am unemployed and going back to school-a change of career due to my company being closed after getting ravaged by a crooked bookkeeper. I have another year to go, and was challenged a few months ago with "are you just milking me out till you get a job, only to dump me?" That wasnt the plan but it sure led to a number of conversations.

She has always made more than me, and currently makes a nice wage.

I suppose I could prattle on with details, but I will instead get to the point... What can I legally do, regarding finances, once I move out in order to survive? Do I have the right to tap into that IRA of mine? She has one, and it is valued higher...

I have unemployment for a few more months, and I can probably survive on that with some adjustments. And, I have a family member willing to cover rent till I graduate. But, I would prefer to do this on my own...

I know this isnt legal advise, but would appreciate y'all giving me questions, and thoughts, to think about prior to meeting an atty...

Best wishes...

#681981 - 02/17/11 11:08 PM Re: what can I legally do? I know, talk to an atty... [Re: bumblewee]
yregna Offline
veteran

Loc: Oregon
If she has more money than you, You are in good shape. Rape that [censored], it will be only a teeny tiny payback for all the men paying alimony.

Do you have any kids ?

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: