Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#682952 - 12/01/10 06:03 PM Need help in Ga.
lostingeorgia Offline

recently joined

I am waiting on my husband (the one wanting a divorce) to contact an atty. I'm sure I will need an atty of my own but I'm getting mixed info from friends. Several tell me to hire an atty out of my county (Douglas Co.) because he has a very good reputation. Other friends tell me it's always better to get a local atty especially if you think the case could go before a judge. My husband is the one that cheated and he isn't interested in counciling. We have been married for 25 years and I haven't worked for about 8 years. So I am interested in finding an atty that is very good with alimony divorce law. I am waiting for him to make the first move, I still love him very much but I know the marriage is over. Any advice?

#682953 - 12/02/10 09:45 PM Re: Need help in Ga. [Re: lostingeorgia]
saddevildog Offline

recently joined

First of all, I am so sorry. I have been married for 21 years and I am waiting for my wife (who wants a divorce) to contact an atty. I have been told the same thing about a local atty so they know the judge or the judge's way of thinking. I still love my wife and just don't understand myself. She told me while I was deployed to the combat zone. Hang in there!

#682954 - 12/02/10 09:58 PM Re: Need help in Ga. [Re: saddevildog]
lostingeorgia Offline

recently joined

I'm sorry to hear about your story too. Its bad enough to have to go thru all this heart-ache without having to worry about the legal issues too. I'm so worried I'm going to make a crazy mistake- my mind is somewhere else.
Hopefully all of this won't take too long, and I hate that its at this time of year. I go into the department stores and see all the happy people and think I used to be like that!
My main fear is 2 or 3 years from now if I try to make a life with someone else the first thing that goes thru my mind is that I'm cheating on my husband. I'm sure thats how I'll feel, he has taked a part of my trust and my heart that I will never get back. Best of luck to you!

#682955 - 12/06/10 01:38 PM Re: Need help in Ga. [Re: lostingeorgia]
saddevildog Offline

recently joined

I was in the malls this weekend thinking the same thing..I wish it were just the malls and I could avoid them. I don't want to do ANYTHING because I think I am making a mistake. House, Kids, Retirement, etc. I want to be amiable but not gullible. Best of luck to you too!

#682956 - 04/25/11 11:24 AM Re: Need help in Ga. [Re: saddevildog]
Gdad Offline

recently joined

I hope this doesn't come too late to help you, but the advice given to me is to hire someone who has experience practicing in your county/knows the judges.

I'm early in the process and I'm absolutely terrified.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: