Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#704712 - 03/02/11 08:18 PM I need advice PLEASE!
Aveeda Offline

recently joined

I have been married for 28 years, have 2 sons and 6 grandchildren. We own our own home and while I have worked most of our married life it has been very little in these later years as I have suffered with Lyme disease for 20 years and have worked mainly from our home. My income last year was $3000.00. My husband clears over $100,000.00 a year. He has just told me that he is going to get a divorce. We do not fight but he works on a pipeline and has had to be away from home for the past two years. I guess I should have had a clue of some sort but stupid me...I was shocked when he told me. I dont know what to expect and what to do from here. I do not have an attorney and do not have money for one unless I paid for it with our checking account. He wants me to agree to an amiable settlement which his lawyer would draw up. I am 58 years old and pysically unable to work a regular job and I dont know how I will be able to stay in our family home. I have not been unfaithful or done anything to deserve to be divorced. Can anyone help with any kind of advice of what to do next?

#704713 - 03/03/11 10:55 PM Re: I need advice PLEASE! [Re: Aveeda]
DedicatedDad Offline
veteran

Once you have the settlement, get an appointment with an attorney who will tell you if it's fair or not.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: