Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#724874 - 07/13/11 04:28 PM Annulment in SC
dmz2009 Offline

recently joined

I have a unique situation. I was previously married in another state and got divorced in Wisconsin because i was then a resident in Wisconsin. I remarried shortly after, but the marriage took place in Georgia in fall 2009.
We relocated to South Carolina last year and i found out that he (second husband) has been cheating on me through out our entire marriage ==> On 5 separate occassions . I have proof of that and needless to say I now want out of this marriage ASAP. I have been reading up on the laws in wisconsin i realized that we got married short of 6 months of the final divorce decree from my first marriage in wisconsin. From what i have read so far, under wisconsin laws my marriage to my second husband is voidable/void because of 6 month waiting period. So i dont know if i can get an annulment from the state of Wisconsin or South Carolina (current residents) OR go through a divorce on the grounds of adultery. Any idea if i can get an annulment in SC.

#724875 - 11/14/11 04:34 AM Re: Annulment in SC [Re: dmz2009]
Renny Offline

addict

So you have a voidable marriage in georgia, right? You would have to annul that there. All in all, it seems easier to get an uncontested divorce in SC and be done with it.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: