Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#734179 - 11/01/11 07:26 PM interference with visitations?
Angrymother Offline

recently joined

My ex has residental custodial during the school year. During the summer we shared and i get them from week to week. twice now he has refused to give me my kids on my schedule time. the most recent time was this past weekend. He signed them out of school and took off with them to Indiana. I called the cops and they told me he can do what ever he wants and if he wants the kids back early on my weekend i have to give them to him and if i dont then i can be arressted? HELP WHAT CAN I DO?

#734180 - 11/02/11 01:30 AM Re: interference with visitations? [Re: Angrymother]
Renny Offline

addict

The cops you spoke to don't know the fine points of the law. Or even the gross ones. At any rate, he is in contempt if he deliberately keeps the kids on your scheduled parenting time. Keep a record of all this for a possible motion for contempt.

#734181 - 11/02/11 02:38 PM Re: interference with visitations? [Re: Renny]
Angrymother Offline

recently joined

i have been keeping records. I have contacted my lawyer and i will be taking him to court for contempt. he is controlling and manuplitve. and uses the kids as pawns against me all the time. I also have a mediator going to court with me when we go.

#734182 - 11/03/11 01:50 AM Re: interference with visitations? [Re: Angrymother]
Renny Offline

addict

Mediators (registered neutrals) cannot or should not ever testify. It destroys the confidentiality of the mediation process. Maybe he is just a mediator wwhonnever mediated for you?

#734183 - 11/03/11 03:32 PM Re: interference with visitations? [Re: Renny]
Angrymother Offline

recently joined

well she is not gonna testify she is just going there with me for support or whatever!

#734184 - 11/05/11 12:55 AM Re: interference with visitations? [Re: Angrymother]
Angrymother Offline

recently joined

so i had a visit with my lawyer today!!! looks like i am taking my ex back to court for interfering with my vivistaions. Also having the child support lowered for my change in job and cause i had a baby just last year! so hopefully it all goes good.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: