Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#734604 - 11/05/11 08:21 PM CS issues, need help asap
burnt1 Offline

recently joined

Hi guys, I'm obviously new.... My ex filed a petition for custody of my eldest son, which will be 18 in Dec., in July of 2010. It's been quiet for a year. He got remarried in June and now, has all the sudden cranked everything back up. He makes quite a living and owns his own business which is thriving. He has control of his pay. I was with this man almost 20 yrs. I am remarried as well. It has been 6 yrs since the divorce. When my eldest had moved in with him, I didn't agree, but I felt he was old enough to [email protected] 16 and didn't want to hold him back.

I have 2 younger children, which we have split custody of (and of the eldest child that has "spent the night" with him for the past 1.5 yr. My ex doesn't want to or think he has to pay CS & modified it on his own, when my eldest left. I have no $$ so I just delt with his cutting the 1/3.

Now he's telling me I owe him back CS of $900 plus/mo. for the months that my eldest has stayed with him. I can't find a job and have busted my tail trying. I have a small job, but it's not taking care of the bills & my husband now says he will no help because it's the kids dad's responsibility. He takes care of her kids, so I'm not real sure what the problem is.... This totally disregards my other 2 children. I don't believe him & think it's a scare tactic. He was only paying $1000/mo for 3 kids to begin with. He cut it by 1/3 when the eldest, who will be 18 in a couple of months, went to live with him.
He will be emancipated in May. But what about my other 2 kids? I'm so lost. I keep getting mixed messages & can't afford court. What can I do? He keeps pushing me to sign something from his lawyer that's just not right.

#734605 - 11/05/11 09:39 PM Re: CS issues, need help asap [Re: burnt1]
buckwheat Offline

journeyman

Dont sign it.

You should be getting two thirds of what he originally paid you.

You may have to get a lawyer.

Sorry

#734606 - 11/05/11 11:22 PM Re: CS issues, need help asap [Re: buckwheat]
burnt1 Offline

recently joined

thanx BW. It's a matter of affording one.

How do you know? I've been through doing the lawyer thing. I'd rather spend the money on my children than waste it on lawyer's fees hourly, court costs, & less than 5 min of some judge making a decision for us who doesn't even know us or the situation... Do you have an other suggestions?

Edited by burnt1 (11/05/11 11:27 PM)

#734607 - 11/06/11 03:36 AM Re: CS issues, need help asap [Re: burnt1]
Renny Offline

addict

Your ex can't arbitrarily reduce his cs. It looks to me as though he is in contempt and there are arrears. I wouldn't sign anything. Try suggesting mediation with an experienced attorney mediator. At least you won't get completely rolled.

#734608 - 11/06/11 01:51 PM Re: CS issues, need help asap [Re: burnt1]
DedicatedDad Offline
veteran

Absent a court order, he still owes you the full amount, so he is in arrears. Call your local CSE; they will take care of it.

#734609 - 11/10/11 05:12 PM Re: CS issues, need help asap [Re: DedicatedDad]
burnt1 Offline

recently joined

He so hard headed and stubborn, he bound and determined to take it to court. He won't compromise on anything. It always has to be "his way."

What is CSE? I know what CS stand for, but not the E.

#734610 - 11/10/11 09:39 PM Re: CS issues, need help asap [Re: burnt1]
Renny Offline

addict

Child support enforcement Office. It may be' called omething lightly different in your state/county. Its a hybrid federal and state program to' help enforce cs payment.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: