Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#736583 - 11/30/11 05:31 PM Guardian Ad Litem
GV1000 Offline

recently joined

Florida Divoce- Our divorce was final in 2010. No current pending issues with the court, except about child support. We both have shared parental responsibility and I have primary residential. He filed a motion for a GAL back in 2009, but nothing came of it. I didnt even know why he did it.

Ex husband is now claiming I have mental instability and threatening to file a motion for a G.A.L. again. He wont even tell me what I have done for his "signs of mental problems"

I have held a job for 12 years, no mental instability, no arrest records, no history of drug or alcohol abuse, nothing at all.

My question is would a court appoint a G.A.L. for our case when abuse, neglect, timesharing, or custody are not issues? What are the grounds for a G.A.L? I feel it is just harassment, but I dont have an attorney, so I am scared. because my little girl shouldnt have this invaded on her life. She has gone through a lot in the past few years.

#736584 - 11/30/11 11:30 PM Re: Guardian Ad Litem [Re: GV1000]
Renny Offline

addict

The court will not appoint a GAL unless there's a pending suit, such as a petition to modify custody. The old motion is moot with the divorce. The grounds are the request of the of the other party supported by allegations that the child's interest s need to be represented for some reason. In practice this seldom occurs, because if the child is in danger or neglected the father would call thepoliceor family services, or just go for a
modification of custody based on whatever evidence he has to support it.

It sounds like an empty threat.

#736585 - 01/23/15 03:21 AM Re: Guardian Ad Litem [Re: Renny]
justme1 Offline

recently joined

There has to be written professional documentation submitted with the app for GAL, no worries.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: