Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#745719 - 03/19/12 06:59 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: MrsB]
LexieBelle Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

Fine and she should keep the phones are HER HOUSE, and they can follow HER RULES IN HER HOUSE. TOTALLY wrong to send them to dad's. PERIOD.

#745720 - 03/19/12 06:59 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: farmdwg]
MrsB Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

Legal action against what? You not allowing the kids to use their cell phones while in your house?

Unless you are withholding contact on the home line etc., she really doesn't have a leg to stand on. However, have you thought about allowing them to use it, with rules of course, just to talk to her? If not, why not?

#745721 - 03/19/12 07:02 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: farmdwg]
LexieBelle Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

good lord.. obviously she's a fvcking moron. My bet is she'd get laughed out of court. So she takes you to court.. you take a day out of work, you show you're having NO issue giving access with any other existing forms of communication (home phone, skype, your cell)... give your concerns for why NOT to have them (and I bet you could find dozens of studies online purporting the physical dangers of cells, the distractive factor, yadda yadda yadda yadda.). Worst case? You lose a day out of work and you win.. if you lose.. well, it didn't cost you more than a day out of work. I would definitely go to court over it, I wouldn't hire a lawyer for it though.

#745722 - 03/19/12 07:03 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: MrsB]
LexieBelle Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

Because he DOESN'T WANT TO!!!! And he DOESN'T HAVE TO!!! It's HIS HOUSE! Gee, there's a population of rational adults who DON'T think their kids need a CELL PHONE at 7 or 9, or whatever age. OH MY GOD!

Really, this society is going straight to hell in a handbasket.

#745723 - 03/19/12 07:18 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: mydejavooo]
ssmom79 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]I am the SAME way with my kids.....NO CEL PHONES! I too am a father with primary custody, and I can see my ex pulling something like that. What does a 9 yr old need a cel phone for? So they can be sneaky and call mom behind your back? No thanks!! I'll pass. You did the right thing. Heck, I'd box them up and ship them back to her.......without the batteries. LOL! [/quote]

Why would calling their mom be behind your back or even sneaky?

#745724 - 03/19/12 07:23 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: farmdwg]
ssmom79 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]I really appreciate the feedback. My ex is threatening legal action cause of this. Oh boy, here we go. This was something I was hoping to avoid. [/quote]

Eh, people THREATEN legal action...don't worry about it. If you don't want them to use them, you don't have to. It's not a big deal to me, not anything I'd be taking up a hill for but to each his own.

I've seen five year olds with cell phones, nah not for me. My SK's have them and they got them too young IMO. But their parents like the false sense of security they get when the kids have them.

#745725 - 03/19/12 07:29 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: ssmom79]
farmdwg Offline

recently joined

IMO kids at 7 and 9 do not need cell phones. Let them be kids for as long as they can be. They don't need to grow up any faster.

My kids know that if they want to call their mom, they can, they just have to ask. Skype and the house phone are available for them any time.

#745726 - 03/19/12 07:32 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: farmdwg]
MrsB Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

I fail to see how having a phone to call the OP is forcing them to grow up.

I personally just don't see the big deal in making this a big deal. So mom bought them a cell phone - so what? your house your rules, and the same for her.

Neither of you are wrong.

#745727 - 03/19/12 07:32 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: farmdwg]
ssmom79 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Great, so put them away when they're with you, next time they go to their mom's house, they can take them along. Then you can just tell mom to leave the cells at her home.

#745728 - 03/19/12 08:38 PM Re: Kids and Cell Phone from Ex [Re: MrsB]
LexieBelle Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

Shakes head in disbelief. Fine, them Mom can KEEP the cell phones AT HER HOUSE where she can employ HER RULES. She does NOT get to send them to dad's and force them on HIM. HE doesn't believe in them, it is HIS house and HE IS CUSTODIAL PARENT. Period. Very simple.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: