Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#749580 - 05/23/12 06:41 PM Visitation
cyclone259 Offline

recently joined

I just finalized my divorce last week and our daughter will be staying with me during the school year (I am custodial parent) and my ex-wife every-other-holiday and throughout 2/3 of the summer months.

My attorney set-up visitation so my ex-wife has to provide 100% of the travel to-and-from where I live (in exchange for no child support... it was the only way she would sign-off on the paperwork).

Anyway, another stipulation is that I get our daughter (3) ten day periods during the summer: 10 days after school is out, 10 days during the summer and 10 days returned to me before school starts. Our daughter has church summer camp for a week in July and my ex-wife sent me an e-mail stating that she'd drop-off our daughter (3) days before summer camp to spend with me. My ex-wife's reasoning is that the week of summer camp counts as part of my visitation even though our daughter will be two hours away and we'll have no contact during that time. Has anyone ever heard of this or know the rules?

If anyone needs to know more background concerning my divorce or has questions, I'd be happy to provide facts if interested.

Thanks. [color:blue] [/color]

#749581 - 11/14/12 05:48 PM Re: Visitation [Re: cyclone259]
csk1 Offline

recently joined

It depends on if your decree states that it is understood that the parents will make reasonable efforts to make accommodations for other family functions such as family reunions weddings etc. and other functions benefiting the child such as school activities sports etc. I know summer has passed but this may help in the future and these two statements normally follow one another and is at the end of all the visitation statements

#749582 - 10/27/15 09:48 PM Re: Visitation [Re: csk1]
LaurenLester Offline

recently joined

I am an experienced divorce attorney with 10 years of experience in family law. I offer a 30 min consultation. I also offer the lowest rates in the state. Please feel free to call (918) 520-1255 or email me your questions at: [email protected]

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: