Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#757458 - 12/18/12 01:43 AM Settlement Conference - No Attorney
rjd21071 Offline

recently joined

I have a settlement conference this Thursday. I do not have an attorney as I cannot afford one. My wife does have an attorney, but it seems that neither her nor her attorney are willing to discuss the settlement conference. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what I am required to bring or say or anything. I just want to make sure the child support is fair and I get to see my kids. She lives in a big house with her parents and I live in an apartment. We will most likely have joint custody but she will have living custody. Can anyone at least tell me what I can expect at the settlement conference? Thanks.

#757459 - 01/18/13 03:51 AM Re: Settlement Conference - No Attorney [Re: rjd21071]
Renny Offline

addict

Settlement conference: If unable to settle informally, a formal settlement conference is scheduled with the Judge. Attorneys prepare briefs for the Judge (and each other).The parties must attend court. There are often intense settlement negotiations. If the case is settled, the attorneys and parties go into the courtroom and place the settlement on the record. The Plaintiff testifies that the marriage has broken down and cannot be saved. If case is not settled, Judge may order another settlement conference, a pretrial conference, or set the case for trial.

The information above is vailable online. There is a lot more information available, including YouTube videos. You should be prepared. You should hire an attorney. Good luck.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: