Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#758569 - 01/26/13 01:26 AM Ex blocked my number-Please HELP!
las3223 Offline

recently joined

We just got divorced January 17th. I couldn't afford the best lawyer but that's a different story. There is nothing in the final papers about phone calls. I see my children every Sunday from 1-5 since the divorce. Now, he won't let me talk to them on the phone and he blocked my number. I just wanted to call on Tuesday's and Thursday's at 6:00. Is he in contempt where it states in all divorces that neither parent shall estrange the children from the other and that each party shall exert every reasonable effort to maintain free access and unhampered contact between the children and the other party. Is there anything I can do. Lawyer is now out of the picture. I have no money so if I can do something I need to do it on my own. Can anyone relate to this or have advice?

#758570 - 02/16/13 01:22 AM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: las3223]
javajunkiee Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: SC
Contact the court clerk in your area and ask the process for filing for contempt. Be aware that those clerks will likely not offer you any advice beyond the mechanics of filing the paperwork. If you can find a paralegal that can assist you with how to write the contempt up it might help you get it done correctly.

#758571 - 02/16/13 02:49 AM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: javajunkiee]
las3223 Offline

recently joined

Thank you so much I will do that

#758572 - 02/16/13 12:15 PM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: las3223]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

More details are needed. Whenever a parent only get 4 hours a week of court ordered parenting time, there must be much more to the story.

#758573 - 02/16/13 01:20 PM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: MinnesotaMom]
las3223 Offline

recently joined

Hi, it wasn't court ordered...I didn't have enough money to go to trial...I live an hour away from my ex and my children and I'm on disability and have limited income. Also, we are Jewish so I cannot take them on weekends as they have Hebrew school and Temple to go to on weekends and also the girls have extra curricular activities so the only time was on Sunday's from 1-5 that we could agree on for the time being.

#758574 - 02/17/13 05:44 PM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: las3223]

old hand

Who moved an hour away?

#758575 - 02/17/13 07:10 PM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: MinnesotaMom]
las3223 Offline

recently joined

I did. 1. My ex was verbally/emotionally abusive and I had to move somewhere where he didn't have easy access (it's a very long story, but to sum it up I have anxiety and PTSD due to his years of abuse and
2. I had find a place I could afford. I have been looking for sometime now to find a place closer and I'm lists since I'm low income because I'm disabled.

#758576 - 02/17/13 11:18 PM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: las3223]

old hand

Your only choice is to go to file a motion, go to court pro se and either file for contempt, or better yet, have those times and days written in. You might not be successful with contempt now, but if the calls are blocked with a more specific court order, you would be in a position to have the courts enforce the order.

#758577 - 02/17/13 11:31 PM Re: Ex blocked my number-Please HELP! [Re: MinnesotaMom]
las3223 Offline

recently joined

Yes I guess I will have to file a motion. I told my lawyer I wanted It in the final papers and he said since there is nothing about phone calls then I can call whenever I wanted to. I only was going to call on Tuesday's and Thursday's since they have other activities going on. But once I started to call he blocked my number and said if I wanted phone calls I should have asked for them. So in the final papers it doesn't mention that I can't call. And I would imagine this is alienation of affection that he is keeping me from talking with my children.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: