Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#761158 - 05/14/13 02:54 AM Re: Trial testimony on agreement and MORE [Re: finz]
Byll97 Offline

recently joined

Sorry for the late reply , I had some issues logging in the forum

First of all Comparing the court transcript and the judgement , the trial judge had deliberately edited my statements

Any attorney who read his judgement without knowing the full case had raised their eyebrows ... Surprised by some of the judge pretty obvious side taken ... Again without giving any reason it is clear that there is a lot use of his discretionary power ...I am not an Appeal judge to say yet whether or not there is abuse of discretionary but it s pretty obvious that not only the judge always blames me for mother misbehaving and overlooks any of her interference and mis-representation he even goes on to praise her

He even mentions in the judgement I quote : "no order from him can make mother change " referring to her behavior, interferences and mis-representation

He does use name calling during the trial several times he several times refers to me using a word or name ...

Now how to prove that a judge is bias or abuse her discretionary is my biggest challenge right now ...Any input ?

#761159 - 05/22/13 04:06 AM Re: Trial testimony on agreement and MORE [Re: Byll97]
finz Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"He even mentions in the judgement I quote : "no order from him can make mother change " referring to her behavior, interferences and mis-representation

He does use name calling during the trial several times he several times refers to me using a word or name ..."

Perhaps you can get some specific ideas from one of the forums designed for dads who have been screwed in their custody/divorce battles.

Make sure you trust your lawyer and follow their advice. They have the specifics that you haven't given here AND they should be aware of the laws in your county/state.

You have to be careful about not divulging too much info here, but I can't think of any specific input because the examples you gave are so vague or not as damning as you believe them to be.

"no order from him can make mother change " You NEED to understand.....THAT is TRUE. A judge can't MAKE anyone change. They can make staying the course uncomfortable, but they can't MAKE anyone change.

"several times he several times refers to me using a word or name " Again, I'm not asking for specifics about the words used, but I hope that you can understand that referring to you using a word or a name doesn't necessarily mean the judge did anything wrong. A judge might choose to always refer to you as Mr. X, but it wouldn't be wrong for him to use SOME other words or names. Mr X is a name. Referring to you as "the child's father" would be using words.

Over the years here, in certain situations, I've noted several posters here being offended by names or words that I would consider neutral such as "birth mom" or "biological mother." There are also words or names that are usually considered negative, but are accurate and appropriate designations in some situations. That would include words like "federal prisoner", "convicted sex offender", "unemployed", and "illegal immigrant." There are some words or names, like the "n" word to describe a person of African descent, the "r" word to describe someone who is mentally handicapped, and curse words, that would NOT be appropriate for a judge to use to describe someone.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: