Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#761621 - 04/16/13 12:28 AM Husband committing adultery and filing for divorce
Annhancock Offline

recently joined

My probably soon to be ex husband and I have been together for 6 years, married for a year and a half. He left me 2 months go with 2 children. He almost immediately moved in with another woman and has been open about his relationship and infidelity. I have been hoping for reconciliation, but he informed me today about his intent to file for divorce. My question is if he files and I contest based on adultery and he has not be honest with his lawyer about his infidelity, what will be the consequences or outcome? Is it a criminal offense? Will I have an advantage even though I will be the respondent contesting?

#761622 - 04/17/13 03:15 AM Re: Husband committing adultery and filing for divorce [Re: Annhancock]
Renny Offline

addict

To make a long story short, unless there are a lot of assets it is hardly worth contesting a divorce based on the fault grounds of adultery. I doubt he hid the fact from his lawyer.

Adultery is a misdemeanor in GA and can have negative consequences for the guilty party seeking alimony, which is not the case here.

If you want to shame him and have the means to go to trial, you could certainly do that during discovery and at a jury trial.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: