Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#763453 - 06/23/13 03:33 PM Divorce agreement before divorcing involving adopt
hooligan Offline

recently joined

we have a relative foster child starting the process of adoption but I want out of the marriage ,if we can agree on support which I want to give her the house in another state which should net her 100g...no alimony,no other children ,no child support..i will help this child as much as I can .and I will have by me alot..can a judge change that? :confused:

#763454 - 06/24/13 12:38 AM Re: Divorce agreement before divorcing involving adopt [Re: hooligan]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

You can't trade assets in lieu of child support. Even if a sloppy judge signed the decree, your state's law would override it, and you would pay the support and lose the assets.

Beyond that, if you haven't legally adopted the child, there will be no support ordered.

#763455 - 06/24/13 11:12 AM Re: Divorce agreement before divorcing involving adopt [Re: MinnesotaMom]
hooligan Offline

recently joined

So if i go ahead and adopt this child the court will make me pay child support even if the wife doesn't ask for it?

#763456 - 06/26/13 04:45 PM Re: Divorce agreement before divorcing involving adopt [Re: hooligan]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Unless there is some very powerful reason (such as, she has $20M in assets compared to you being penniless), then yes, support will most likely be ordered going by the state guidelines. An online calculator will tell you what the amount will be.

Even if for some reason the court allowed her to deviate the support to $0, it will always be open to a re-eval to guideline should she ask.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: