Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#763764 - 07/12/13 06:15 PM Child support calculator income question
LGS2012 Offline

recently joined

I went from working full time to part time and my income has drastically reduced in the past month and will stay at that level. When filling out the child support work sheet does it average the whole year or just the last two pay stubs? Is there ever a time where they need to be handed in? Sorry this is my first time doing this and I am not sure of the process. But is the calculator more of an honor system that my ex and I have to agree on or does the court actually verify this information?

#763765 - 01/18/15 07:47 PM Re: Child support calculator income question [Re: LGS2012]
hallunderwood Offline

recently joined

Your opposing party may argue that your reduced income is "under-earning" and may ask the court to attribute a higher amount based on historical data. However, if your income has changed for reasons beyond your control, you should use the current rate.

#763766 - 01/06/16 04:17 PM Re: Child support calculator income question [Re: hallunderwood]
BeccaHyatt Offline

recently joined

Here are some awesome Child Support Facts that I have found very useful :)

https[censored]mymodernlaw.com/areas-of-law/arizona-child-support-2/

#763767 - 01/10/16 10:49 AM Re: Child support calculator income question [Re: LGS2012]
Goodmom Offline
Pooh-Bah

The courts typically verify the information. That is what the disclosure process is for.

You will want to look up what imputed income means since you are willfully underemployed. I suspect that you will be treated like you are still working full time when it comes to support calculations.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: