Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#765563 - 10/31/13 09:57 PM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BaltDad]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Okay, play HER game. You have stated that you could afford the house yourself. So SHORT sell it to a relative, buy it back from the relative for a dollar when its done.

#765564 - 11/01/13 11:10 AM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BaltDad]
finz Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]Most men can't just up and leave their wife and kids and walk away from the family home. Aren't there usually orders compelling the departed husband to keep paying a % of the mortgage for a period of time? I just don't see how she can get away with this ... just because she's a woman. [/quote]

I didn't think a CO to keep paying the mortgage/part of the mortgage while an ex partner continues to live there is a common "thing" unless it's in lieu of SS or part of CS...... Maybe if the house is being sold, but not so one person can continue to live there with the kids. Each parent should get a residence that they can afford.

#765565 - 11/01/13 01:54 PM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: gr8Dad]
BaltDad Offline

journeyman

[quote]Okay, play HER game. You have stated that you could afford the house yourself. So SHORT sell it to a relative, buy it back from the relative for a dollar when its done. [/quote]

I might just let it go to foreclosure sale. A family member can buy it for a big discount (or help me find a more affordable home). I'm not really interested in saving her from the foreclosure on her credit history. She caused the issue and has done nothing to help me resolve it. Let her live with the consequences.

#765566 - 11/01/13 07:52 PM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BaltDad]
BeachBabeRN Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: VA for 21 years, NC forever!
Aren't those consequences the same as you? A foreclosure on your credit record? You've already said that the mortgage note is in both your names --

I'd be fighting to maintain my own credit record, which makes life easier.....with a foreclosure on your record have you any idea how difficult it will be for you to even rent something else?

#765567 - 11/02/13 12:23 AM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BeachBabeRN]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Protecting your credit during a divorce is like protecting your KNEES during a prize fight. Its HARD, and it really accomplishes very little.

#765568 - 11/02/13 11:58 AM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: gr8Dad]
BeachBabeRN Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: VA for 21 years, NC forever!
It's a fight that's worth it to me, Gr8 -- always has been.

#765569 - 11/05/13 06:18 PM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BeachBabeRN]
BaltDad Offline

journeyman

Credit is already trashed. Her unwillingness to cooperate just makes me want to make her suffer the consequences. If she had signed the QCD, I could have modified the mortgage and removed her from it completely. She wants to see the house gone. So -- I can make that happen for her. And like a nuclear war, we will both suffer huge losses. Nobody wins.

#765570 - 11/07/13 04:32 PM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BaltDad]
BaltDad Offline

journeyman

Just offered STBX a few thousand dollars to sign the Quit Claim Deed. She'd be stupid not to accept and do it. But I predict she'll be stubborn. Her choices are clear. She can take the money and then get herself off of the mortgage (bank is willing to do that if she signs the QCD) or she can sit there and watch me file a bankruptcy (sending all the creditors her way) and then we'll just watch the house get sold at foreclosure.

#765571 - 11/11/13 05:00 PM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BaltDad]
BaltDad Offline

journeyman

No response from the STBX regarding my cash offer for the QCD. I guess she wants a foreclosure. So totally dumb.

Any suggestions?

#765572 - 11/07/16 04:01 PM Re: Wife Left - Won't Help With Marital Home Mortgage [Re: BaltDad]
cube68 Offline

recently joined

I am in the exact situation as you are. My STBX has refused to sign a QCD for over 9 months, and we have a foreclosure conference at the courthouse next week. I made a last minute attempt to get help from a housing counseling agency, but they can't do anything for me without the QCD, either. I currently have primary physical, and she gets every other weekend plus Wednesdays. I know she is doing this to try to get more custody once we lose our house. She abandoned us (myself and 3 children) almost a year ago, and didn't care about custody until I was awarded child support this past August. Wont the judge see through all of her games?

Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: