Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#765857 - 11/16/13 06:14 AM In love w married woman who wants a divorce
defunct Offline

recently joined

I choose to remain anonymous about this and I would appreciate if those reading this respect that. Long story short, I've been dating this Laotian girl who is married. She and her husband have already mutually agreed that they need to separate. It was an arranged marriage that was not the wife's choice and due to the culture, the wife had no choice in the matter. Years later, she is very unhappy about the marriage. They have one child together. The husband is abusive and belittles/neglects the wife. The mother realizes this and gave her the consent to do what she wants and can get a divorce. Then I met her, we started dating and have became intimate and we've fallen in love with each other. Granted I realize this is not the ideal situation and is perhaps borderline an affair but both of them live together but stay separately. I only want her to live safe and not have to deal with this. But the husband lies and procrastinates to her that he will get a divorce but never does. The situation has gotten worse and she's still getting abused and wants to leave. What are her choices legally with everything? She is a legal citizen but is not strong enough to leave him. I want to help her. What are her legal rights? Can she file papers to her husband and get separated/divorced? What if she wants to leave her home? What options does she have? He says that if she leaves, he will call the police. Can he do that? Or can she report him and get a restraining order. She's also worried about being able to see her kid and doesn't want to lose the house. Thank you all who care enough to respond to this.

#765858 - 11/26/13 08:20 PM Re: In love w married woman who wants a divorce [Re: defunct]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

Clearly, the 2 of you have no idea how divorce, civil or criminal law work.

Pay an attorney's retainer for her. That's really your only choice.

#765859 - 12/20/13 04:02 PM Re: In love w married woman who wants a divorce [Re: MinnesotaMom]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: This Asylum --->
She can file for divorce at any time. She does not require his consent or his cooperation. She should be consulting with an attorney.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: