Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#768501 - 09/16/14 01:19 PM Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC
Jazzn Offline

recently joined

Should I attend Court with my husband in our case of Termination of Alimony due to Cohabitation. We have been married for 6 years now and have faithfully paid the ex alimony however within the last 6 months have been able to prove she has been cohabitating (Private Investigator,property records, pics, videos, tax info) we and our Attorney feel no doubt with the outcome. [color:"green"] [/color]

#768502 - 09/16/14 02:26 PM Re: Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC [Re: Jazzn]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I would ask your attorney what he thinks, and the effect it might have on the proceedings, you know they dynamic best. Talk to the Lawyer, and trust your judgment.

#768503 - 09/16/14 03:33 PM Re: Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC [Re: Redlegg]
Jazzn Offline

recently joined

Thanks! Being the much younger, attractive wife, I didn't want to appear egotistical in this matter.

#768504 - 09/16/14 10:10 PM Re: Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC [Re: Jazzn]
SRS Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

No. Not appropriate.

#768505 - 09/17/14 03:28 AM Re: Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC [Re: SRS]
Sherron Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"Thanks! Being the much younger, attractive wife, I didn't want to appear egotistical in this matter. "

Not at all. You've paid alimony, you should be there for the termination hearing.

#768506 - 09/19/14 06:49 AM Re: Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC [Re: Jazzn]
finz Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Quote:
Thanks! Being the much younger, attractive wife, I didn't want to appear egotistical in this matter.

lol

#768507 - 10/08/14 03:39 PM Re: Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC [Re: finz]
Jazzn Offline

recently joined

I have some wonderful news to share, "WE won the case"!!!!! Yes, I did attend. By the grace of GOD, the case of Nichols vs. Nichols is OVER! So to all who are considering termination of alimony due to cohabitation, IT IS POSSIBLE! keep YOUR records,detailed daily notes of drives noting info proving who/when is residing and THEN HIRE YOUR PI!!! WE are proof it is possible, of course get a good atty, and the advice regarding the PI for "YOUR" case, we ended up spending around $7,000.00, which is not small amount however the look on the "cohabitating x spouse and fiancÚ" was PRICELESS!!!!!!! The Judge's final exact words to them were "look at the bright side, NOW you can set the date". Yes, thank you GOD!!!!!

#768508 - 10/10/14 03:22 AM Re: Should new wife attend Court in Term/Alimony NC [Re: Jazzn]
annieo Offline

veteran

A word of advice - never reveal personal information such as names and you might want to email admin to remove the post and then post again without the names.

Congratulations on the outcome

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: