Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#768846 - 11/06/14 12:54 AM Can't Take It Anymore...
drl341 Offline

recently joined

My husband and I have been married for 25 years. His mental illness is becoming too much to handle for me; he will not take his meds as prescribed and has been verbally abusing me and our home (smashing things, etc.). It has also recently come to light that he has cheated on me, once that I know about, could be more than once however. We are both 62 years old. I want to file for divorce. My question is, I have a 401K retirement that is worth about 200K; I know WI is a 50/50 state, at least that is what I have been told. Is he going to get half of my retirement then? Even though he is abusing me and has cheated on me? He has a small retirement, about 30K, would I get half of that? We do not have any children.

#768847 - 01/01/15 08:10 PM Re: Can't Take It Anymore... [Re: drl341]
Debi Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

More than likely he would get half of your 401k and you would get half of his so you would lose roughly 85K. Is there proof of abuse? Police or ER reports? If not it is hearsay. WI courts do not care about cheating as it's a no fault state.

I know its probably not what you want to hear and it may be different if you are further north but southwestern and south eastern WI courts are pretty much "by the book"

#768848 - 01/30/15 07:27 PM Re: Can't Take It Anymore... [Re: drl341]
awylieone Offline

recently joined

He will possibly get half of that. unless he will somehow agree to not taking half. I'm going through a divorce now after 25 years of marriage and my hub was verbally abusive for many many years. it's not much unless it's physical. ugh

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: