Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#769506 - 03/03/15 05:22 AM Children passing information on to ex
Yup Offline

recently joined

How do I explain to my children that things that are said at my house are not to be repeat at my ex"s house... I have talked to them both repeatedly and I'am still having the same issue...

#769507 - 03/03/15 09:16 PM Re: Children passing information on to ex [Re: Yup]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Why do you care? If it is something the ex should not know, the kids shouldn't HEAR it.

#769508 - 03/04/15 12:28 PM Re: Children passing information on to ex [Re: gr8Dad]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

That was my first thought, but then it occurred to me that they may be saying just general things, that may not be things they shouldn't hear, but just general things you do not want in the public domain, so to speak.

I agree, the first thing is to not be saying things you do not want to be out there, but you have to educate the children, about what is appropriate, and what is not. The flip side is you must be hearing the same things, and if not, that may raise another issue, such as are they being questioned etc.

Without knowing what is being said, it is impossible to say, but if it is "trash talking" about the ex, or what ever, then that needs to stop.

#769509 - 03/05/15 09:24 PM Re: Children passing information on to ex [Re: Redlegg]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

My first ex used to quiz the kids on my household. So I played psy-ops. Bought a plastic statue that was painted gold, told the kids it was a SOLID GOLD STATUE! Several other things, LOL

#769510 - 03/05/15 09:40 PM Re: Children passing information on to ex [Re: gr8Dad]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

[quote]My first ex used to quiz the kids on my household. So I played psy-ops. Bought a plastic statue that was painted gold, told the kids it was a SOLID GOLD STATUE! Several other things, LOL [/quote]

That is absolutely HILARIOUS!

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: