Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#769781 - 04/26/15 08:54 PM Divorcing..
Dmt123 Offline

recently joined

So me and my wife are talking divorce. We have 1 child together and I have full custody of my daughter(6yo) from a previous marriage(I know, I know..) so my question is how does that work? Welive in housing. She works part time, and I'm active duty on shore duty.

#769782 - 05/02/15 10:19 AM Re: Divorcing.. [Re: Dmt123]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

It works like any divorce. You have to check the local housing policy as far as when you have to clear housing. I think the biggest issue is going to be the single parent issue. Have no idea how it works for the navy, but I am guessing they have a specific list of items that need to be in place in order for you to stay. Powers of Attorney, plans to get the child where they need to be, etc. The other issue that applies specifically is your retirement. Whether you are planning on retiring or not, it could be an issue later on, if you do decide to stay, and if it is not addressed now, it could be later, since it does not currently exist. I think the best advice would be to get a lawyer who is familiar with divorce, and go from there.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: