Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#770839 - 10/23/15 05:53 PM In CA: Avoiding joining/evaluating pension
lmcgranahan Offline

recently joined

I plan to get a default judgement with an agreement. There is so little community interest in my wife's pension (defined benefit plan) that we'd like to avoid having an actuary assign a value to it, or "joining" it to the case. I would love to just sign it over to her in the settlement agreement without ever paying anyone to assess it. Is this possible, or will a judge require that the value be professionally assessed? (If it necessary to list a value in the agreement or in the property disclosure form, could we just estimate it?)

Any help is appreciated. The Self-Help people don't like to touch questions about pensions.

Lucas

#770840 - 10/28/15 09:35 PM Re: In CA: Avoiding joining/evaluating pension [Re: lmcgranahan]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

As long as you're doing a stipulated judgment you can probably both just agree that the pension is her separate property and I don't think anyone would argue with you about it.

#770841 - 07/11/16 09:25 PM Re: In CA: Avoiding joining/evaluating pension [Re: TJMH]
ukdeedpoll Offline

recently joined

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website? My blog is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Thank you!

#770842 - 07/12/16 12:15 PM Re: In CA: Avoiding joining/evaluating pension [Re: ukdeedpoll]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

Who exactly are you asking? If it's me, I'm just a poster here and have no problem with being quoted elsewhere but be advised that I have no special qualifications or knowledge other than my own experience. If it's the site owners it's my experience that this forum is more or less unmoderated so I don't know if they'll see or respond to a reply on a random thread. Maybe use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: