Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771477 - 02/19/16 09:34 AM Opinions on relationship after divorce.
FJoann Offline

recently joined

After almost a year of divorce I met my ex husband at a common friend's party last month. I never thought we would become friends again. We started calling each other regularly after that and now we are pretty close with each other. It seems like, he is an all new person now. I am however very impressed with this change and I want to continue this relationship with him. I hope this relationship is healthy and won't turn nasty in any way.

#771478 - 02/20/16 04:04 AM Re: Opinions on relationship after divorce. [Re: FJoann]
FJoann Offline

recently joined

I've been hoping for some replies. Anyways, it's his birthday next week. I've been thinking of sending him flowers online from Flowers Canada, Toronto. Will it give him any kind of wrong impressions? Would like to know.

#771479 - 02/20/16 10:52 AM Re: Opinions on relationship after divorce. [Re: FJoann]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

It depends on what impression you want to give him.

#771480 - 02/22/16 03:55 PM Re: Opinions on relationship after divorce. [Re: MinnesotaMom]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

I think you need to be really careful about this. Even if you're both talking regularly and openly about what your new relationship is and what it isn't, there's a lot of potential for one of you to get out of sync with the other and one or both of you could wind up hurt.

When you decided to divorce, I hope part of that was due consideration of why you got married in the first place. Now, it's time to give due consideration to why you divorced and let that shape the new relationship. I wouldn't count on either of you being an "all new person"

And specifically, unless you have in mind to get back together with him, I think a nice, non-romantic birthday card with a friendly but non-romantic personal note would be more appropriate than flowers.

#771481 - 10/25/16 09:28 AM Re: Opinions on relationship after divorce. [Re: FJoann]
Donitaantashari Offline

recently joined

Loc: Indonesia
theres nothing wrong with sending your ex a flower. just go with it

#773154 - 03/29/17 12:19 AM Re: Opinions on relationship after divorce. [Re: FJoann]
FrancoStacy Offline

go for it.
There are no guarantees with a new or old love

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: