Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771569 - 03/14/16 08:13 PM What Now?
Lost31416 Offline

recently joined

My husband of 14+ years just walked out on me. On Feb 27th he told me he loved someone else but still loved me. He was confused and had been unhappy for years. Funny how I never had a clue. I told him here would be no divorce. That I love him and always will.
My question is, what can he legally take from our home besides his clothes, medicines, etc?

#771570 - 03/16/16 01:28 PM Re: What Now? [Re: Lost31416]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

Love him as much and as long as you want, but I'm pretty sure every state has "no-fault" divorce laws on the books that enable anyone to get a divorce without their spouse agreeing to it. You might see if you can get him into counseling and MAYBE your marriage can be fixed, but you can't force him to stay in it if he doesn't want to.

Much of what you own together is community property that will need to be distributed through an equitable settlement agreement. Probably not worth kicking about clothing and personal items, but you need to keep track of things like cars, real property, money, investments, etc.. Neither of you should be taking independent action on that stuff until you've arrived at a settlement agreement.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: