Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771581 - 03/21/16 09:16 PM Parenting Time and Child Support
Terrapin Offline

recently joined

Hello. What do you do when your ex-spouse is not putting in their fair share of parenting time under a 50/50 parenting time agreement? Especially, when you are paying them child support on the presumption of equal parenting time? It doesn't see fair I should pay this person money each month for parenting time they are not putting in. Especially, when I see my children complaining or showing distress at the lack of attention from my ex-spouse. What can I do about? I tried talking to the ex-spouse but this person is indifferent to reason. All they care is that they get their money each month.

#771582 - 03/21/16 11:22 PM Re: Parenting Time and Child Support [Re: Terrapin]
TJMH Offline

enthusiast

I think about all you can do is to document the disparity in parenting time and in covering the childrens' expenses, go back to court and ask for an adjustment to the custody ratio and child support order.

Otherwise you're bound by the terms of the divorce decree and there's nothing legally that you can do about it.

#771583 - 04/01/16 08:30 AM Re: Parenting Time and Child Support [Re: Terrapin]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Document precisely the time percentage. It will probably take at least 6 months, perhaps a year before you might be able to do something about it financially. You would have to see a local attorney at that point to determine your options. Just know that logic often does not apply in family law.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: