Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771728 - 04/29/16 12:25 PM Post Divorce Childcare
dethwsh34 Offline

recently joined

Hopefully someone can make sense of this for me because I am lost and don't know if I have a leg to stand on.

My mother has been the day time childcare for my three year old since her birth...free of charge. Post divorce my ex wife is custodial with myself having my kiddo every other weekend. We are both listed as "Joint Legal and Joint Physical" on the court documents, and I do pay support.

My mother still watches my child, free of charge, three days a week at my Ex's house, my kiddo then goes to "school" which is a glorified daycare. Which I have agreed to pay the two days on weeks I get paid, on top of the court ordered support.

My question is this. My Ex is now putting my kiddo full time into "school", 5 days a week...which I did not agree on. She states she will take me to court if I don't pay half. According to the divorce papers, no where does it mention the split of cost for child care or "school". Am I obligated to pay this or does the burden lie on her since she is custodial and I am not in agreement?

#771729 - 04/29/16 02:08 PM Re: Post Divorce Childcare [Re: dethwsh34]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

I believe you're only obligated to pay what the court order says you're obligated to pay. If your ex is asking for something more/different, she'd have to convince the court to modify the order.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: