Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771735 - 04/29/16 07:12 PM Ex wants me to sign for passport
SidCharming Offline

recently joined

My 13 (soon 14yr old daughter) is being pressured into negotiating with me to have her own passport. I urge her to do well in school and then I'd consider signing off on her having a passport. However my Ex who is not interested in kids school well being (rarely goes to conferences) is making me out to be the bad guy. Looking for some insight that I am not seeing.

Thanks in advance

#771736 - 05/05/16 04:01 AM Re: Ex wants me to sign for passport [Re: SidCharming]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

Sounds like a legal issue. If you are legally supposed to sign for the passport, you can't attach any rules, and would be in contempt if you don't. Is there more to the story?

#771737 - 05/18/16 01:34 PM Re: Ex wants me to sign for passport [Re: MinnesotaMom]
SidCharming Offline

recently joined

There is no legal rules around passport. My daughter has taken it upon herself to remove herself from my home by giving me a letter stating she is having difficulties. I've given her over a month and want to resolve this by counseling or mediation. She doesn't want to and has turned into the difficult teen to which I've never experienced. She feels empowered, which I can see she has been by mom. Mom has said she is staying out of this and is not getting involved other than harboring our daughter. I've initiated mediation between my Ex and myself with family court. That was 6 days ago. My intent is to communicate with my daughter and resolve the issues at hand before they get further blown out of proportion. My daughter is failing in two classes and has an attendance issue since staying with mom. Mom wants to take her and my other kids (older) 17+ out of the country for a vacation... so if this clues in the 'more to the story' that's all I have. Thanks for considering and your input! =)

#771738 - 05/18/16 08:45 PM Re: Ex wants me to sign for passport [Re: SidCharming]
SidCharming Offline

recently joined

Sorry, I failed to mention I have 50/50 with my kids.

#771739 - 07/05/16 11:47 AM Re: Ex wants me to sign for passport [Re: SidCharming]
ukdeedpoll Offline

recently joined

I wanted to say Appreciate providing these details, youre doing a great job...

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: