Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#771753 - 06/30/16 12:50 PM Re: child visitation in TX [Re: txmom16]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

First (and I have a son who was VERY VERY involved in band) they will waive the band camp requirement if you have a COURT ORDER stating parenting time is taking place.

YOU are causing the problem by TOLERATING the crying and bullshit. Yes, it IS irritating when you are trying to spend quality time with your child and their face is CONSTANTLY stuck in a cell phone telling Mommy how much she misses here. Cut the crap and let him have his time.

#771754 - 06/30/16 12:50 PM Re: child visitation in TX [Re: MinnesotaMom]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

OMG, she is SIXTEEN, and CRYING herself to sleep cause she misses MOMMY...really? I missed the age, figured 10 or 12.

#771755 - 07/06/16 12:29 PM Re: child visitation in TX [Re: MinnesotaMom]
mskelly Offline

journeyman

Ok my 2 cents.... Coping skills: yes I agree that is very important as well as respecting both parents and the visitation time for the non-custodial parent. I also believe that both parents should be mutually supportive of the child/children's interests. "Parenting": yes that is something that both mother and father should do and it should be done in a mutual way that aids in the development of the child (not hinder the child or cause resentment toward one or both) As I have stated on this forum before, many people can be a mother or father, but not everyone can be a parent. Yes gr8Dad there is a huge difference. I too was extremely cautious about what I said to and around my children regarding their father and his family. I never wanted to have to explain to my children later in life why I imposed my negative feelings on them. My children are both grown now (2 girls ages 28 and 23) but they still talk about the fact that they were forced to go for visitation with their father during summer and had to leave home, friends, athletic activities and were not able to have summer jobs. My oldest is very resentful toward her father for forcing her to stay with him and not allowing her to participate in summer athletics when she was 12, 13, 14. The High school team was required to practice every day during the summer, so by the time she turned 15, she just flat our refused to go see her Father during the summer and told him that he would have to work around her schedule not the other way around. BUT the divorce agreement also stated that no visitation shall interfere with church, school, family or extra curricular activities, so that was what saved me from getting into trouble.
The younger one says it just caused her to be very resentful toward him for forcing her to do something just because he wanted to show me that he could (that's where the parenting skills enter the picture).
Now as adults.... My daughters do not have a close relationship with their Father and I feel like part of that is that he dictated to them instead of guiding them or supported their extra curricular interests.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: