This is my 1st post here. I'm looking for an answer to an Alimony question. Here goes....
My Husband has to pay permanent Alimony to his Ex Wife (YES!! he was taken to the cleaners) Here's the thing....She has been living with a man for over 3 years (this man is also still married, we are told he's legally separated from his wife, but we have no proof of that).She is (supposedly) Bipolar and an abusive alcoholic. Their children are grown, one is on her own living out of state and the other is in college (which he has to fully support while still in college according to the divorce judgment). She has told her children that she will never remarry because then she wouldn't get the alimony money every month.
My Husband has changed jobs since his divorce was final and he does not make as much money now as he did then. He can hardly pay any bill and I pretty much pay for all of our bills, just so he can support his ex wife and his child who is still in college(don't judge me). We have spoken to 2 different attorneys who have told us that if we took her back to court, that the judge would not take to kindly to her living with another man while (my Husband)her ex pays her alimony, the attorneys that we spoke to also said that we could get the alimony completely dismissed for that reason, but we could get the amount reduced based on the fact that my husbands income has decreased. The issue is that both attorneys want $10,000 just to handle the case and there is never a guarantee. We worry that we have just so happened to talk to 2 attorneys that are willing to tell us what we want to hear, just so they can get a quick $10,000. Does anyone have any idea if either of these things are true?