I am hoping that I can get some assistance/guidance on how to help my daughter during a very low moment for her. She's 6 years old and my ex and I have been separated for 3 years. She goes to his house every other weekend and we both have new spouses. She seems to have been taking it fine and I have a very open door policy at home so my kids know they can talk to me about anything and everything and there's no backlash.

She just came back from her father's house this past weekend and last night she cried on my shoulder about wanting us back together and how she is very sad etc. We have been separated for 3 years so this came as an absolute shock to me and broke my heart because I truly want to make her happy and I could only tell her that her father and I love her VERY much, that it was not her fault that we separated and that I will work on more happiness. Our household WAS very volatile and my ex was very abusive to me and my son; I would never tell my daughter that but it was VERY hard to not break down and cry in front of her last night. She woke up sad again this morning and I am hoping that with reaching out to a forum, there might be some wisdom and good advice imparted so that I can help my daughter heal and be happy.

Thank you