Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#771999 - 06/13/16 12:00 AM Thinking about divorce
ptsg76 Offline

recently joined

I'm thinking about divorce. I've been in the military for 11 years and have four small children. I'm at the end of my rope in my marriage. Been cheated on, lied to, she has double standards and won't clean the house (stay at home mom). I can't do it anymore. I don't hate her but i need to move on. How do I do this and make life the best it can be for my kids.

#772000 - 06/14/16 06:58 PM Re: Thinking about divorce [Re: ptsg76]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

You need to talk to a civilian lawyer. The military has policies in place about how much you would have to pay her while separated, etc., until he divorce is final, and your retirement pay is divisible. What is best for the kids is pretty much on you guys. It seems you will be subject to moving, deployments, and extended time away, so custody is definitely a tough one, as is visitation, but you have to figure out what works for you, and what is best for them. But the first thing to do is talk to a lawyer.

#772001 - 06/15/16 09:47 PM Re: Thinking about divorce [Re: Redlegg]
Deidre Offline

recently joined

I am basically in the same situation as you but I am the wife in the situation.. We haven't filed paperwork yet but he lives in a different state than I do so I don't know how custody will work or anything like that.. We have 4 small children as well!!

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: