Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772148 - 07/20/16 03:53 AM divorce and child custody in US ?
simranjeetS Offline

recently joined

I am a family lawyer in Chandigarh. I have a client, who is currently living in California, US. 10 years ago he got married in India. He have a child of 7 years old. Now for some reason he wants divorce from his wife. But her wife is living in India and he is currently living in California, US.

My question relates to US law. I want to know basic concepts of divorce and child custody in US. A few good links to US legal websites. Also what are US Courts' views about conflicting judgements in private international law?

Regards
[censored]://simranlaw.com/family-law/

#772149 - 09/23/16 04:58 AM Re: divorce and child custody in US ? [Re: simranjeetS]
paralegalpremier Offline

recently joined

When custody must be spelled out because of a couple's divorce, the custody arrangement usually becomes part of the divorce decree. The decree names the parent with whom the child will live, how visitation will be handled, and who will provide financial support. Courts consider a custody award to be subject to change until the child comes of age, and in most states proof of a "change in circumstances" may overturn an earlier award.

Remaining you can consult at : Premierparalegal [url=[censored]://[censored].premierparalegal.com/]Premier[/url]

Edited by paralegalpremier (09/23/16 05:04 AM)

#772150 - 09/24/16 06:10 PM Re: divorce and child custody in US ? [Re: paralegalpremier]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

Spam

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: