Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772186 - 07/23/16 11:47 PM Need advice on starting uncontested...
JavaMan Offline
recently joined

I've filled out the papers, and would like to have her sign the joinder. I don't believe there will be an issue with this, but I need to know what the correct procedure is. Do I send it to her and have her sign (hopefully) or do I file with the court and have her served with them in hopes that she will sign (seems more adversarial), or do I send them to her, AND file with the court?

Thanks for any insight

#772187 - 07/24/16 02:10 AM Re: Need advice on starting uncontested... [Re: JavaMan]
TJMH Offline

enthusiast

You need to check to see what the process is in your state. There may be self-help advice available at your county courthouse.

You'll probably need the help of a lawyer to get everything correct but if you're nonadversarial you may be able to have one lawyer work with both of you as a mediator and advisor rather than getting separate attorneys

#772188 - 07/24/16 06:15 AM Re: Need advice on starting uncontested... [Re: TJMH]
TJMH Offline

enthusiast

Divorce is a lawsuit, so you'll almost certainly have to file it with the court and have her served by a third party. There are companies that do this, usually for a nominal fee, you can probably Google them up.

If it's nonadversarial you should be able to explain to your wife that that's just the way it has to be done.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: