Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772409 - 08/22/16 02:13 PM Homeschool
ScaredAndAlone Offline

Anyone with experience re: homeschooling and divorce?
My children are currently being homeschooled. My daughter (10)has an drive inside of her to learn. She taught herself cursive, never goes anywhere without a book (she is even writing her own fiction stories), only wants to play with science toys. Its working, but I think she could get more; I don't think we can give her enough. My son (8), however, cant read. He can barely do basic math. He has no concept of the order in which days of the week come. I honestly fear he may be dealing with dyslexia (and have thought so for years). I have asked their mother to get help from the district (we pay taxes) but she wants to stay off their radar. He needs more help than we can give him. As we go through the divorce, I fear one of the things their mother will battle me on will be putting the kids in school. Any insight/experience out there?

#772410 - 08/25/16 06:50 PM Re: Homeschool [Re: ScaredAndAlone]
oldsmom Offline

I have never heard of a divorced mom that could still afford the luxury of home schooling. How would she generate the income to take care of herself if she doesn't work?

As long as there is joint custody, your opinion will matter. If your son's issues are brought to light, the court will likely require that he be tested, and then they will likely mandate the style of schooling considering all the information presented. Alternatively, the kids may get assigned a Guardian ad Litem.

Do you have an attorney?

#772411 - 08/25/16 09:23 PM Re: Homeschool [Re: oldsmom]
ScaredAndAlone Offline

That's actually a good point. I don't know how she would plan to support herself using just the child support and maintenance. Neither of us can afford to keep the house.

Yes, I do have an attorney

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: