Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772471 - 09/03/16 02:48 AM Help with language for transportation exchange pls
Jjohns60 Offline

recently joined

Hi. My ex husband wants me to limit my ability to move in our agreement. He doesn't want to have to travel to pick up kids drop off. I will have them 60% so he would have to do some traveling if I EVER moved. I don't plan on it but I'm concerned to put that language in the agreement to always keep the kids in a certain county school. Thoughts?

#772472 - 09/03/16 04:22 AM Re: Help with language for transportation exchange pls [Re: Jjohns60]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

Moving children away in most states with a 60/40 agreement is legally very difficult. In most cases, the parent that moves pays all travel expenses, and must maintain the 60/40. If not possible, custody reverts to the other parent.

#772473 - 09/03/16 12:23 PM Re: Help with language for transportation exchange pls [Re: MinnesotaMom]
Jjohns60 Offline

recently joined

Thank you for the response. I appreciate the feedback. My intent isn't to move the children away. From my understanding Florida statutes states that I am limited to 50 miles currently. My ex wants me to limit that even further in our agreement. Realistically I most likely will never move that far but I'm concerned about limiting my options for the next 12 years with kids to a very small radius of any economic downturns lose of job and I need more affordable housing.

#772474 - 09/03/16 10:00 PM Re: Help with language for transportation exchange pls [Re: Jjohns60]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

Geographical restrictions are common in divorces. Moving 50 or miles fits the definition of moving away. I'll ask this. What if your ex moved 50 miles away, put the kids in the new schools there, and a parenting plan was set up so you maintained 60%? Would you be comfortable with that? Because that is what you are proposing might occur.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: