Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772557 - 09/19/16 04:30 PM Ex's lawyer isn't scheduling the initial hearing.
Shonsu Offline

recently joined

Hello, I am divorcing my wife of 12 years here in Mo. I am acting pro se, I filed for the divorce. She was served. Aside from her lawyer asking for bank records, which I gave him access to, nothing further has been done. It has been over a year now and it still is not moving forward.

I went to the courthouse to see if there was a way I could move things forward myself, but they said to just let her lawyer handle it.

I want this done and over with so I can move on with my life. Is there anything I can do besides hiring my own lawyer?

p.s. I filed in St. Louis city if that matters.

#772558 - 09/19/16 04:39 PM Re: Ex's lawyer isn't scheduling the initial hearing. [Re: Shonsu]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

There is paperwork you can file to get the process going, but you really need an attorney to do so. If you want to do it yourself, google the process for your state.

#772559 - 09/19/16 06:03 PM Re: Ex's lawyer isn't scheduling the initial hearing. [Re: MinnesotaMom]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

Even if you're pro se, and especially if your spouse is represented, it would probably be a good investment for you to work with an attorney. You can retain one as a consultant without having them as your legal representative. That way you can still do a lot of the legwork yourself to save cost, but make sure it gets done correctly and you don't get screwed.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: