Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772692 - 10/22/16 12:30 AM X medically-retired 9/2016 USFSPA?
haventstartedyet Offline

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I had posted a while back that my X was going to be retired from the military. He has now been medically-retired as of 9/2016. In our divorce decree I am to get a small percentage of his retirement pay. I had updated the required paperwork less than a year ago once I knew for sure my X was definitely going to be medically-retired. How will I know if any of this is being processed? How long once my X is retired should it take before I hear anything? I believe it is 6 months. I don't want to make a nuisance of myself, but could I call them to ask if things are being processed? Also, is there a way(even though it is clearly stated in our divorce decree that I am entitled to a small percentage of the military retirement pay)that I would not ever see a dime? I mean, just because it's in our divorce decree, doesn't necessarily mean that all requirements are met. I am concerned. And just because I have the paperwork in order doesn't mean that they will process it. Am I worried for nothing? There is no way I can ask my X any of this as we generally don't speak unless it's about the children & this is exceptionally rare.

#772693 - 10/24/16 12:58 AM Re: X medically-retired 9/2016 USFSPA? [Re: haventstartedyet]
haventstartedyet Offline

Who would I call to check on this? DFAS? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: