Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772726 - 11/03/16 09:07 PM Kansas Child Support Modification
dkk0712 Offline

recently joined

I have filed for a child support modification to increase support.  My ex-husband and I have been divorced since 2012 and my daughter is now 12; so she has moved up to the 12-18 age bracket.  Since we divorced my ex has gotten promotions and now makes approximately $72,000 a year; while I make $29,990 a year.  He does cover her on his insurance which is around $200 a month.  He is now paying $664 a month in child support.  Per the calculations done on the modification software it should go up to $880 a month.

When he found out I had filed he flipped!  He said that her child support should be going down and not up.  He said that it should be cheaper to raise a child her age.  He also said that because daycare is no longer a consideration that child support should go down. However I do not believe that was really built into the original amount of support. He is now to the point that he says that he may hire a lawyer and contest the increase.

I am extremely stressed about this and worried that her child support could go down.  :-(  Please offer your thoughts and advice!  Thank you!!

#773002 - 02/09/17 04:57 PM Re: Kansas Child Support Modification [Re: dkk0712]
jonboy2 Offline

recently joined

What I did was use a child support calculator at https://efamilytools.com. The allow you to calculate child support for all kinds of situations for free. You have to pay a small fee if you want to create a child support worksheet but its only like 10 or 15 bucks. I ended up just paying the fee and then taking that sheet to my attorney. He said the calculations were perfectly accurate and started using the same software himself. So I guess what I'm saying is just plug in your infomration to efamilytools and calculate child support for yourself. In your case, there's no doubt child support will inrease because the age bracket changed as well as the income. I don't think there's any way it will decrease.

I might also add that if you have any trouble or questions, the support guys at efamilytools are super fast at getting back to you. They got back with me within an hour.

Heres the link I hope it works:

[url=https://efamilytools.com]eFamilyTools[/url]

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: